Radio Station Information
KQSM 92.1 FM
City of License:
Cumulus Media (Cumulus Licensing LLC)
KQSM is an FM radio station broadcasting at 92.1 MHz. The station is licensed to Fayetteville, AR and is part of that radio market. The station broadcasts Sports programming and goes by the name "92.1 The Ticket" on the air. KQSM is owned by Cumulus Media.
Station Coverage Map
Nearby Radio Stations98.3 The Keg, KBNV 90.1 FM, KXNA 104.9 FM, KAYH 89.3 FM, KAKS 99.5 FM, La Maquina 1590, KQIS 1340 AM, KPSQ 97.3 FM, News Talk 1030, KXRD 96.7 FM 98.3 The Keg
Listener Comments and Reviews
Why the switch from ESPN to third rate CBS sports ????
By: Brad Feagans on January 5, 2013
Where the hell is espn radio!!! CBS sports radio and Jim Rome sucks!
By: Billy on January 8, 2013
When is espn coming back ,why the change exloyal listener
By: dave on January 16, 2013
Altrusa of Fayetteville will host a 22 annual "Trade-a-Book", April 5, 10am-4pm, NWA Mall. CHILDREN --- you can bring in any old book(s) and exchange for a new book(s). Our goal is for every child have a book(s) at home. If you do not have a book, allow us the honor of giving you your first book to begin to build your home library. Bring one of your favorites from home and one of our storytellers will read it to you.
Rosemary Rogers, email: AltrusaFayetteville@cox.net, 479-790-0845
By: Rosemary Rogers on March 22, 2014
Contact: Helene Neville, email@example.com 702-715-8788
Sent: Monday, August 7th, 2017
Subject: Neville’s 4,000 mile run to finish running across every state.
PHOTO: World Record Transcontinental Runner – Helene Neville
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDIA ALERT*** MEDIA ALERT***MEDIA ALERT
HELENE NEVILLE BEGAN HER 14,000 MILE RUN ON MAY 1, 2010, TO SET HER 5TH RUNNING RECORD!
Neville, a Nurse, Grandmother and Cancer Survivor is Running through Her 12 Final States in Middle America to Set World Record Running across All 48 Continental U.S. States
Inspiring others to rethink impossible…
WHAT: Transcontinental Running Nurse, Grandmother and Cancer Survivor on Pace to set World Record
DATE/TIME: Monday, August 7th, 2017, 11:30am
LOCATION: Rogers, Arkansas – Golden Corral
Rogers, Arkansas– Helene Neville: Nationally known, Professional TED Speaker and Record Breaking Runner to speak at Golden Corral, in Rogers, Arkansas, 11:30 am, Monday, August 7th. Event is free and open to the public. You will never hear a story like Helene's, because no one else has done what Helene has done. Neville holds four Running Records, a Star on the Flag for Hope, she is a Five-Time Cancer Survivor, Nurse, Grandmother, Inspirational Speaker and Author. Neville has run over 12,000 solo miles through 43 US states. For 1,500 of those miles, she carried a 22 pound urn filled with the ashes of her brother who passed away just before the start of her 2013 run. Neville recently entered her 44th state (Kansas) on August 6th, 2017, after completing Arkansas two days prior.
When Helene crosses the finish line of this final Middle America segment (Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada) in the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino parking lot, she will become the only woman and only the second person on the planet to have ever run across every state in the continental United States.
Her run is more than a story of athletic achievement, it is a reflection of the human spirit. Helene runs to inspire others to realize their dreams. She runs to promote health, hope, and unity in America, and encourages all people to Rethink Impossible, one state, one mile, one person at a time. She runs NOT to SEE what is wrong with America, but to EXPOSE what it right with America! And what she discovered, when she looked deeply, was that the world she was living in has more right than she ever imagined.
Helene's personal saga is like no other, she holds her audience's total attention! Helene's stories of her record breaking accomplishments entertain and enlighten.
BOOKS Neville’s books -“Nurses In Shape”, “One On The Run - 93 Days Across America” One On The Run - Border to Border”
QUOTE: “Life happens only once, why keep the best for last when we don’t know when last will come?”
MEDIA: Media coverage encouraged and welcome prior and day of the event.
ABOUT HELENE NEVILLE
At 56 years old, runner, nurse, grandmother, inspirational speaker, and on-going cancer warrior Helene Neville made her way – on foot and solo – around the perimeter of the United States from Canada to Mexico, from California to Florida, from Florida to Maine, and finally, from Canada (Eastern Maine) to Washington State. The run spanned five years on 334 non-consecutive days and encompassed three countries and 36 states, plus the District of Columbia, for a total of 9,713 miles. Neville is now on a quest to finish the reminder of the continental US states.
Neville’s run presented barriers that would have stopped others in their tracks. Imagine you survived cancer…endured chemotherapy, radiation and three brain surgeries. Then imagine running 25 miles, sometimes more, each day, without roadside support, surviving on whatever is in your pack for that particular day…All alone - on the highways of America – And after running those miles you somehow harness the strength to visit hospitals, schools, fire departments, cancer centers, and communities to share your story.
Neville continues to self-fund her runs by selling official One On The Run t-shirts and her books and relying solely on the support of strangers along the way to help her with housing, food and road support.
Throughout her running journey, Neville has addressed the vast logistical challenges of running around the country with no crew or backup team. People she had never met literally took her into their homes each night of her run, fed her, moved her support vehicle 20 to 50 miles ahead of each start point for the next day’s run, and placed water every three-four miles along her daily running route.
Despite summer heat in the Deep South, record humidity in the Midwest, wildfires in the West, treacherous terrain, blizzards in the mountains, altitude sickness, constant logistical and financial issues, a broken heel bone, a broken rib, hurricanes, a new cancer diagnosis and an attempted assault and abduction.
Neville overcame seemingly insurmountable obstacles, going on to run more than 12,000 miles around the United States. She has 2,000 miles remaining.
Neville has written three books.
Her fourth book is due out August 2017.
RUNNING AROUND THE UNITED STATES
• In 2010, this three-time cancer survivor went running. In brutal summer heat, she completed her first historic run from California to Florida, running an astounding 2,520 miles in 93 days. Against all odds, along America’s highways, Neville became the first runner ever to run the transcontinental southern route in the summer, her first world record.
• In 2011, Neville’s fourth battle with cancer delayed her second transcontinental run. But that didn’t stop her from running 1,560 miles from Vancouver, Canada, to Tijuana, Mexico, in 2013.
• Neville’s third transcontinental run started May 1, 2014, in Marathon, Fla., and finished 68 days and 1,860 miles later in Portland, Maine.
• Her final run began in Eastern Maine on May 1, 2015, at the Canadian border and finished 128 days later in Ocean Shores, Wash., on Sept. 5, 2015.
• On Oct. 8, 2015, Neville was awarded a star on The Flag for Hope. Neville was one of 50 prominent Americans chosen out of 323 million people for this honor.
• On Jan. 30, 2016, Neville ran the Las Vegas Strip, attaining her third world record by running the Strip for 35 hours nonstop and covering 135 miles.
• November 25, 2016 with her chemo port still in her chest, Neville created a Marathon of Love. She began her run at her childhood home spread some of her brother’s ashes and ran 10.2 miles to the Philadelphia Art Museum with the urn in her back pack. Neville set her fourth world record running the famous ‘Rocky Steps’ at the museum. She ran up and down the Rocky Steps 384 times covering 16 miles in 7 hours 30 minutes smashing the old record of 7 miles.
• Neville has been invited to run the length of Cuba in October 2018, to spread her message of love, hope and community spirit. This is a historic invitation she is the only person ever invited to run the streets of Cuba. This run will be filmed for a future documentary.
By: Janeen Jones on August 7, 2017
Post a Comment